I did a little lifting today. It was ill-considered since I have to race Sunday, but whatever. I didn’t lift heavy. In fact, it would be more accurate to say I lifted with no weight whatsoever. But I didn’t warm up very well, and so I’m in agony nonetheless.
Anyway, it got me thinking that my previous list of goals for 2012 was fairly amorphous. So let’s get a bit more concrete.
- I will lift weights until short track starts, a minimum of two days a week.
- I will be able to squat 250 lbs.
- I will be able to do 60 push-ups.
- I will be able to do 10 pull-ups.
- I will be able to do, um, a bunch of sit-ups. Or something having to do with my core.
- I will figure out some sort of plyometric/explosiveness goals. Probably vertical leap, standing broad jump, shuttle run.
I need some concrete cycling goals, too. I’m struggling a little to figure out how to make them concrete.
- I will ride 3 days a week.
- I will do a hilly ride once a week.
- I will do a hard ride once a week — like up into the race zone (170bpm) for at least 15 minutes.
- One of my rides will last for a minimum of 75 minutes at least once a week, even if I have to do it on the trainer. And chances are, I will. Ha!
- I will not fear a lunch workout and an after-Laurel-goes-to-bed workout. Because after all, it probably only adds up to 60 minutes of effort.